- CLIENT: Tertulia Coffee
- PROJECT: Logo + Website redesign & Package design.
- RESPONSIBILITIES || Working along the owners of Tertulia Coffee to redesign their logo as well as their website in order to start en e-commerce operation as well as transmitting to possible visitors the look and feel of the cafe. In addition, worked in some of the product photography for the online store and also for social media.
- TOOLS || Illustrator / Photoshop / Marvel / SquareSpace
- COMMENTS || Tertulia Coffee is a specialty coffee shop located in downtown Oakland and established in 2016.
- Originally Tertulia Coffee started as a cafe and gallery space shared with Sanchez Contemporary. Later on, they decided to start roasting their own coffee and offer it for sale which generated the need for custom packaging as the business started growing in order to have the opportunity to offer it for sale online and in other retail spaces other than their own cafe.
Tertulia Coffee owners had very clear key colors and vision for their branding, with the keywords: modern but elegant; and a Tiffany blue main piece already in the space we focused on using that as the main color for branding and their keywords for re-doing their logo.
For their primary colors, we use a close version of the tiffany blue color that is seen at the physical shop and add a less saturated blue to use for backgrounds in the packaging.
The secondary colors are used for differentiating the labels in the different coffee beans currently being produced, these colors were selected for the following purposes:
Pink: Single Origin Coffee from Latin America
Yellow: Single Origin Coffee from Africa
Light blue would only be used for the house blend. El Jibaro being this the first coffee blend created in honor of the owner’s roots.
After finding a company that was the best fit for the budget of Tertulia Coffee we proceeded to create the design of the bags adjusted to their requirements for production.
With that in mind, it was possible to get within one run of the bag production up to 4 designs, however, Tertulia Coffee has already in production 6 different kinds of coffee that vary per season and every 2 weeks. I suggested running production of 3 different bags, one of them being a blank bag in which we could use as needed by adding individual labels as the production changes weekly.
Once we were finished with the package design we proceeded to redesign their website and add an online store aspect to it, as well as any additional updates necessary for the day-to-day interactions with current and future customers.
The most important aspect of the website was to make it very easy to navigate for users & easy enough to use for the owners and any person that would later be in charge of handling online sales. You can visit the current website at www.tertuliacoffee.com and below you can see an interactive prototype. The final website is a responsive website built under SquareSpace.
Other branding assets not displayed: Gift cards, menu, outdoor chalkboard signs, merchandise.
- Share Project :