- CLIENT: Tertulia Coffee
- PROJECT: Logo Redesign & Package design
- RESPONSIBILITIES || logo redesign, packaging design, product photography for e-store and social media.
- TOOLS || Illustrator / Photoshop
- COMMENTS || Tertulia Coffee is a specialty coffee shop located in downtown Oakland and established in 2016.
- Originally Tertulia Coffee started as a cafe and gallery space shared with Sanchez Contemporary. Later on they decided to start roasting their own coffee and offer it for sale which generated the need for custom packaging as the business started growing in order to have the opportunity to offer it for sale online and in other retail spaces other than their own cafe.
Tertulia Coffee owners had very clear their main colors and vision for their branding, with the key words: modern but elegant; and a Tiffany blue main piece already in the space we focused in using that as the main color for branding and their key words for re-doing their logo.
For their primary colors we use a close version of the tiffany blue color that is seen at the physical shop and add a less saturated blue to use for backgrounds in the packaging.
The secondary colors are used for differentiating the labels in the different coffee beans currently being produced, these colors were selected for the following purposes:
Pink: Single Origin Coffee from Latin America
Yellow: Single Origin Coffee from Africa
Light blue would only be used for the house blend. El Jibaro being this the first coffee blend created in honor of the owners roots.
After finding a company that was the best fit for the budget of Tertulia Coffee we proceeded to create the design of the bags adjusted to their requirements for production.
With that in mind it was possible to get within one run of the bag production up to 4 designs, however Tertulia Coffee has already in production 6 different kinds of coffee that varies per season and every 2 weeks. I suggested running a production of 3 different bags, one of them being a blank bag in which we could use as needed by adding individual labels as the production changes weekly.
In addition I have worked in their product photography to use in their upcoming online store as well as social media images.
Other branding assets not displayed: Gift cards, menu, outdoor chalkboard signs, merchandise.
- Share Project :